Busy as I've been setting up my new Etsy shop & new blog, and the myriad of other artistic endeavors I'm working on, life took some turns in unexpected directions and a plethora of vet and medical bills has piled/is piling up (two sick pets and a sick hubby will do that!). Everybody is doing well now, but I wanted to do my part to help out, and since my new shop is still a couple of weeks away from being ready to open, I figured now was a good time to take a bit of a pause there, and play in the mud!
I've decided to do some claybodies, since they are a refreshing way to look at one's previous work anew. I've got three going- one Jellibaby, one Toot Sweet (to be sold as a set), and one Callahan. I didn't do any major changes- I mostly played with their manes/tails and ears, but they'll definitely be different and "one of a kind" so that's fun. Here's the mini set:
They are still drying a bit!
Cally got a change of ear-direction and some mane/tail restyling including lots of cut-outs! I think there are seven:
Cally close-up! He still needs some more cleaning!
I am not sure what colors to paint them- I may take a poll! If they all turn out well, I think I will stick them up on My Auction barn (without a reserve) for ease of selling. It will either be that, or first come, first serve. I am working on a bisque (regular) Jelli that will be offered too, when she's done. I don't think I've sold any bisques (or at least, not in a long while!), so this should be a fun opportunity for some artist!
I will post more pictures as they come along!