Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to Clay

Hi there!

Busy as I've been setting up my new Etsy shop & new blog, and the myriad of other artistic endeavors I'm working on, life took some turns in unexpected directions and a plethora of vet and medical bills has piled/is piling up (two sick pets and a sick hubby will do that!).  Everybody is doing well now, but I wanted to do my part to help out, and since my new shop is still a couple of weeks away from being ready to open, I figured now was a good time to take a bit of a pause there, and play in the mud!

I've decided to do some claybodies, since they are a refreshing way to look at one's previous work anew.  I've got three going- one Jellibaby, one Toot Sweet (to be sold as a set), and one Callahan.  I didn't do any major changes- I mostly played with their manes/tails and ears, but they'll definitely be different and "one of a kind" so that's fun.  Here's the mini set:


They are still drying a bit!

Cally got a change of ear-direction and some mane/tail restyling including lots of cut-outs!  I think there are seven:


Cally close-up!  He still needs some more cleaning!

I am not sure what colors to paint them- I may take a poll!  If they all turn out well, I think I will stick them up on My Auction barn (without a reserve) for ease of selling.  It will either be that, or first come, first serve.  I am working on a bisque (regular) Jelli that will be offered too, when she's done.  I don't think I've sold any bisques (or at least, not in a long while!), so this should be a fun opportunity for some artist!

I will post more pictures as they come along! 

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment